Volunteering for a few hours can be a rewarding experience. But there are seasons in your life—post-graduation, retirement, or other times of transition—when you might want to invest several weeks to a whole year (or more) engaged in service.
These long-term service opportunities meet some of our greatest needs while providing you with the rewarding opportunity to explore your gifts in a ministry setting while providing Christlike service and hospitality to the many guests who visit our grounds.
Browse the opportunities below and imagine the possibilities awaiting you here at Laurelville.
Voluntary Service Opportunity-Kitchen & Dining Hall
We are looking for a long-term volunteer for our kitchen and dining hall. If you know your way around the kitchen, enjoy preparing and serving food and like interacting with people, please apply for this unique service opportunity.
- Food preparation, baking, etc.
- Kitchen clean-up (including dishwashing, clean-up equipment, etc.)
- Monitoring buffet-style serving line and restocking line items
- Attending to Dining Hall environment and guest needs.
This position requires you to work many weekends and evenings. It’s helpful if you have some background in food services, but this is also an opportunity for you to learn and develop many new skills related to this vocation in a ministry setting.
Voluntary Service Opportunity-Grounds & Facilities
We are looking for a long-term volunteer for our grounds and facilities department. If you prefer working outdoors, are mechanically-minded and enjoy learning new skills, please apply for this service opportunity.
- Landscaping, including lawn care, tree limb removal, etc.
- General electrical maintenance in campus buildings
- Management of water and sewage treatment facility as well as basic plumbing tasks.
- Repair work on existing campus facilities
- Pool maintenance (summer months only)
- Construction and renovation projects on campus
It’s helpful if you have some background in maintenance, but this is an opportunity for you to learn and develop many new skills related to this vocation in a ministry setting.
Voluntary Service Opportunity-Guest Services
We are looking for a long-term volunteer for our guest services staff. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, interacting with people and performing a variety of tasks, please apply for this unique service opportunity.
- Assisting with set-up and turnover for guest groups
- Responding to guest needs, including basic maintenance requests
- Checking in with group coordinators periodically throughout their stay
- Operating the Laurelville Gift Shoppe
- Providing answers to guest questions about Laurelville and the region
- General maintenance tasks
This service opportunity requires you to work most weekends with off-days typically taking place in the middle of the week. No experience needed; a willingness to work with people in a customer-first environment is necessary. This is a great opportunity for you to explore hospitality skills in a ministry setting.