Growth & RomanceThe Early Marriage Journey
Cancelled for 2016
Marriage is a gracious gift from God, but it is not all romance and sparkle. A life-long partnership is a daily choice, taking hard work and constant adjustment. To succeed, couples need to be mentally prepared and equipped with practical tools, which are readily available when challenges arise. Communication skills need to be sharpened and learning to listen is paramount. This weekend retreat for couples married less than ten years is designed to provide practical tools, opportunities for real communication and a time to laugh with each other at the struggles certain to arrive on the marriage journey. Move your marriage from GOOD to GREAT! Come strengthen your marriage relationship and meet other couples who are committed to do the same!
Lavern Nissley is Executive Director of Marriage Resource Center of Miami Valley (MRCMV), a faith-based organization in Springfield, Ohio working to inspire marriage success and relationship health. With an educational background in Christian Ministry and Communication, Lavern is an ordained minister with over twenty years experience in pastoring. He has also taught communication and relationship courses at the University of Cincinnati, Xavier University and Rosedale Bible College.
Ronda’s background is in healthcare administration and financial analysis. She has overseen several Miami Valley long-term care facilities as Executive Director. She now serves as Director of Advancement and Special Projects at MRCMV.
Both have had a significant role in the development of The Rings Experience, a program enrichment designed to appeal to both male and female participants.
|5:00 pm||Arrival and Check-In|
|6:00 pm||Welcome and Dinner|
|7:30 pm||How Well Do You Know Your Spouse?
"The Not So Newlywed Game"
|9:00 pm||Dessert and Socializing|
|9:00 am||Session I: The Rings Experience|
|10:15 am||Morning Break|
|10:30 am||Session II: The Rings Experience|
|11:45 am||Picnic Lunch|
|12:30 pm||Session III: The Rings Experience|
|1:45 pm||Afternoon Break|
|2:00 pm||Session IV: The Rings Experience|
|3:15 pm||Second Afternoon Break|
|3:30 pm||Final Session: The Rings Experience|
|7:30 pm||Couples Stroll to Sunset Hill|
|8:00 pm||Campfire and Dessert|
|10:00 am||Worship: The Gift of Marriage|
|12:00 pm||Lunch and Goodbyes|
What Past Participants are Saying:
What Past Participants of the Rings Experience are saying:
- “While our relationship is not rocky or in trouble, we are at a time where we are not as close as we have been in the past or could be.Taking this course has allowed us to refocus on our relationship.”
- “I realize that our marriage is not perfect. With the tools introduced in the workshop, I feel as though I will have a better marriage. Being able to communicate to one another will undoubtedly assist us with our relationship.”
- “We have already started using some of the tools given to us in the RINGS class and it has lead to some good discussions that helped us understand each other and our needs better.”
- “Transformational! A MUST for life-partnership”
We're Here to Help!
Thank you for your interest in our Programs. Please fill out the form below and we will be in touch soon to respond to your questions. If you have a question about reserving your own retreat at Laurelville, please use this separate form.
RegistrationRegister Online Register Offline
- Register online at our secure third-party site (Register Online button)
- Download the paper form and mail or fax to 724.423.2096 (Register Offline button)
- Call Laurelville’s office at 724.423.2056